Thursday, June 16, 2016
Nothing says "Father’s Day" like grilling outdoors, but protect Dad’s and your family’s health. Be choosy about what you put on the grill.
Choose lean cuts of meat or ninety-five percent lean ground beef. Go beyond meat with chicken, fish or shrimp. Grilled vegetables make a delicious Father’s Day side dish.
Visit www.Eatright.Org for more!
Sunday, June 5, 2016
Show your bones some love! Celebrate National Dairy Month by adding protein, phosphorus, potassium and vitamins A and D to your eating plan with dairy. These are essential nutrients that your body desperately needs!
Healthy calcium choices should be low-fat or fat-free.
Brands worth mentioning: Laughing Cow's Light Gourmet and Cabot's 50% Light Vermont Cheddar!
Don't for get to follow along on social media!
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Let’s get regular!
This statement below is a press release from Regular Girl PR:
Every woman will want to be a Regular Girl
Now it’s easier than ever to feel more confident on the inside and look extraordinary on the outside
Confident. Radiant. Well-balanced. It’s difficult to look and feel extraordinary when we’re worried about our bodily functions. Some women feel bloated because they don’t “go” daily. Others build their schedule around their morning bathroom habits. And traveling? Instead of fun and adventure, it often only compounds these stressful issues.
The solution is here. Regular Girl is a unique, synbiotic blend of clinically proven prebiotic fiber and probiotics. Because it is a regulating fiber, it helps to firm loose stools and decrease occasional constipation. It is also clinically proven to improve growth and normalization of bacterial gut flora which improves immune function and calcium absorption.
“Regular Girl’s cool single-serving, on-the-go stick packs will help women gain control over their digestive health, so they can return to their confident, balanced selves,” says Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Felicia Stoler, who helped formulate this brand.
The beauty of Regular Girl is that it can be mixed with many of your daily foods and beverages without impacting the taste, texture, aroma or flavor. To make it simpler to include Regular Girl in your morning smoothie, it is also available as a 30-day supply of bulk powder.
Why getting regular is so important
· When fecal matter spends less time in contact with the colon walls, it reduces the risk of colon cancer.
· Regular bowel movements help to provide a workout for the colon’s natural wave-like movement (peristalsis). Just like muscles, it’s use it or lose it.
· Constipation can cause hemorrhoids and anal fissures (tears).
· For people with heart disease, being constipated and straining to have a bowel movement may cause a heart arrhythmia, potentially impacting blood flow to the heart and brain.
· Loose stools are not just embarrassing. They may also mean that you’re losing electrolytes, which are important for heart function.
· Loose stools may also signal digestive and absorptive problems, which may contribute to vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Regular Girl’s prebiotics and probiotics are a powerful combination
All of us suffer from occasional gas, bloating and indigestion. These symptoms never come at a good time. Maybe you’re about to hit the beach and your stomach starts to expand, or you want to be comfortable but your favorite jeans refuse to zip. Folk remedies rarely work. But carefully selected prebiotics and probiotics can work symbiotically to relieve your feeling bloated blues.
Here’s how the magic happens:
· Prebiotics: These are food for the probiotics. You need these for your probiotics to thrive. However, it is important to choose the right prebiotic fiber that doesn’t result is excess gas, bloating and loose stools.
· Probiotics: These are the good guys, not just for our digestive system but also for our immune health, our mood and other bodily functions. We need to have healthy colonies of a variety of probiotics in our guts.
Women need Regular Girl’s soluble fiber
The 2015 Dietary Guidelines noted that we’re still not getting enough fiber. In addition to helping improve regularity, fiber can help to remove cholesterol from our body and promote healthy cholesterol levels.
Relying entirely on dietary intake of fruits, vegetables and whole grains isn’t realistic for many people. We’re simply not eating enough fiber from food to make up for the shortfall. People are confused about which foods are good for them, and which are bad. And if we’re eliminating gluten from our diets, that’s likely further reduced our fiber intake.
Regular Girl contains an all natural, 100 percent gluten-free, flavorless soluble regulating fiber. It contains no eggs, yeast, soy, sugar, salt, artificial flavors or preservatives. Regular Girl helps to reduce the glycemic load of foods while providing a healthy satiety (feelings of fullness) by slowing the transit of food in the small intestine.
When you’re not regular, you feel uncomfortable, out of balance, anxious and unfocused. Regular Girl’s unique combination of prebiotic fiber and probiotics will make women feel comfortable so they can radiate inner confidence. www.RegularGirl.com
What’s included in the Regular Give-a-Way? The winner will receive a Regular Girl Starter Kit consisting of 15 convenient packets in a reusable BPA-free bottle.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Congratulations -- you are getting married! Now, it is time to get serious about shedding those unwanted pounds. On top of all of ...
Today I have a special treat for you all. My good friend, Nikki, agreed to share some of her success story about becoming an aspiring fitnes...
Kale. You have heard of it by now right? Powerful nutrient packed little leafy green. If there was an award for the number one super food ka...